Wings Financial Advisor Intern
Company: Wings Financial
Location: Apple Valley
Posted on: March 17, 2023
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page:WINGS INTERNSHIPS
OFFER YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Gain hands-on experience by learning and working alongside an
industry leading Financial Advisor team within the unique credit
- Collaborate and mentor with department and organizational
- Learn from the experiences of other internship participants
through cohort-based activities.
- Lead with a servant's heart through community service
- Experience a bigger picture perspective of how Wings Financial
operates through real world projects and cross-functional
- Have some fun at a Top 200 employer in Minnesota for 10 years
- The Summer Internship program will run from May 30 to August
- The primary working hours are between 8am - 5pm, Monday through
Friday. An occasional evening or Saturday may be scheduled in
advance for internship activities.
- An occasional evening or Saturday may be scheduled for
internship activities or Financial Advisor events.
- Weekly onsite presence required in Apple Valley, MN.
- May require travel to branch network locations within the Twin
Cities, MN.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:The intern may learn and be exposed
to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Gain a general understanding of Financial Advisor Program
operations, advising and relationship management.
- Mentor with and regularly shadow a Senior Financial Advisor,
with CFP designation.
- Participate in portfolio diversification strategies, fund
manager due diligence, and general stock performance reviews.
- Build basic networking skills by attending a Financial Advisor
- Learn what goes into the marketing of a financial advising
practice, including understanding basic compliance requirements and
strategies around lead generation.
- Gain experience with best practice sales tactics and tools
needed to source and retain clients/members.
- Gain hands-on experience with multiple financial planning
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Candidates must currently be pursuing an associates or
bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in a
related field of study, finance or economics preferred.
- Strong cultural competence required.
- Interested in obtaining relevant securities licensing.
- Very strong customer focus and relationship skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and maintain
- Candidate must be able to work onsite weekly in Apple Valley,
- The preferred candidate should possess the following skills:
- A creative mindset to ideate and translate to practical
- Excellent analytic, organization, and time management
- Outstanding collaboration and team building skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership characteristics and active in college
- Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint experience
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Wings Financial, Apple Valley , Wings Financial Advisor Intern, Accounting, Auditing , Apple Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...