Industrial Mechanic Welder
Company: United States Sugar Corp
Location: Apple Valley
Posted on: April 25, 2021
Hourly Rate: $28.43/hourWe offer a package of benefits that goes
beyond competitive after 90 days of employment!Relocation Allowance
Available!Location: Clewiston, FLMidway between West Palm Beach
(east) and Fort Myers (west). A town where you are truly able to
enjoy the outdoor activities: fishing, hunting, biking,
hiking.Position Summary: This is a day shift position with periodic
overtime or shift work requirements, reporting to the Maintenance
Supervisor: Machine Shop and Facilities Maintenance; working
independently or in a team, and with minimal supervision, safely
and efficiently maintain production equipment by providing for the
planned and preventative maintenance through fabrication and/or
- Abide by all Company policies outlined in the Employee Handbook
and comply with all Company, Local, State and Federal regulations
relating to Health, Safety, Operations, etc.
- Successfully participate in and complete all training sessions,
safety classes, pre-shift meetings, and/or certifications related
to the position.
- Operate forklift, manlift, overhead crane, and other heavy
equipment as needed, using both feet and hands to manipulate
applicable foot and hand controls simultaneously.
- Maintain detailed records of maintenance activities including
the use of a Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Perform routine safety checks on equipment prior to start, and
maintain all records pertinent to the job.
- Read blueprints and layout work, use oxygen/acetylene torch and
other mechanic tools, consult operating and maintenance manuals,
use and read various precision measuring instruments such as tape
measures, dial indicators, calipers, and micrometers.
- Operate a computer-controlled Water Jet Metal Fabrication
Machine to fabricate mill roll scrapers, and other items as
- Safety utilize arc welding, MIG welding, TIG welding,
oxygen/acetylene, plasma cutting and other metalworking tools and
equipment in the fabrication and/or repair of all types of metal,
parts, components, tanks, steel structures, pressurized vessels,
pressurized piping, and similar items.
- Inspect, maintain, lubricate, repair, troubleshoot, breakdown,
clean up, and/or install equipment, including motors, drives,
bearings, electronic magnets, valves, pumps, conveyor systems,
hydraulics, turbines, gear boxes, fans, and align couplings,
sprockets, sheaves, and other equipment.
- Operate inside enclosed/confined spaces, or from raised
platforms or heights utilizing lifting devices or proper rigging
procedures, in accordance with OSHA requirements.
- Demonstrate proper housekeeping, and maintain all related
safety equipment and tools of the trade.
- Perform, or assist in, maintenance and repairs as needed
throughout the Factory.
- Maintain all related safety equipment and tools of the
- Must have positive results from Company-designated tests
designed to measure basic skills, job skills, mechanical aptitude
and/or other interests, skills and characteristics.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and have a good work record
and disciplinary history.
- Applicant must be able to read, write and speak the English
language in order to comprehend instructions on the job, over the
radio, and in the classroom, and to ensure personal and co-worker
safety on the work site.
- Must pass the written mechanics test and 6G welding test prior
to hire or job award.
- Operational proficiency in computers and software to conduct
accurate data entry.
- Experience operating a Water Jet Metal Fabrication Machine is
- Must have at least five years' experience in maintaining,
troubleshooting, and repairing industrial equipment such as
turbines, pumps, gearboxes, conveyors and auxiliary equipment,
including the thorough use of welding principles and methods, or
completion of an applicable certification program.
- Successfully complete a job sample prior to hire.
- Must be able to perform necessary mathematical calculations
pertaining to the job.
- New hires must pass a drug test and other pre-employment
background screening, and successfully complete any required
training or orientation course.
- Demonstrate the physical ability to perform the essential
functions of the job. Applicant must be in good health and
physically able to perform all phases of the work.
- Obtain forklift certification within 30 days of
- Must possess personal hand tools and welding equipment
abilities in order to successfully conduct basic tasks.Working
Conditions:20% of the work is conducted in an open outdoor
environment with or without overhead protection, exposed to heights
and rapidly changing temperatures including extreme heat, weather
conditions, blowing dust and particles, limited visibility, while
wearing PPE (i.e.: hard hat, goggles, hair net, ear plugs, and/or
full body chemical resistant suites), regularly climbing stairs,
kneeling, crawling, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, and
walking on uneven ground containing trip hazards, and lift, carry,
push or pull up to 55 lbs. unassisted. 80% of the work is conducted
in an indoor, typical workshop environment operating the Water Jet
Metal Fabrication Machine as well as other metalworking and
materials handling equipment.
Keywords: United States Sugar Corp, Apple Valley , Industrial Mechanic Welder, Engineering , Apple Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!