Water Supply Operations Engineer
Company: Kimco Staffing
Location: Apple Valley
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Well established utility agency is adding to their Engineering
team and looking for an experienced Water Supply Operations
Engineer in Apple Valley, CA. This is a full time permanent
position with excellent compensation and benefits package.
-OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze system operations to identify operational changes that
will improve service and improve system efficiency. -
- Utilizes hydraulic models to assist in analyzing water system
- Prepare recommendations to resolve water system operational
- Prepare system wide and plant specific operational memos and
provides updated information for plant site plans, Piping and
Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), and schematics.
- Analyze treatment system operations and identify process
changes to achieve and maintain treatment process
- Prepare technical reports and coordinates with superintendents
on supply forecasts and budgets.
- Select replacement pumps, motors and control valves.
- Approve the work of Engineering Technicians including fire flow
test reports and substructure requests.
- Reviews all system additions, upgrades - within the
- Oversee system water audits and leak detection to ensure
district systems are in compliance with regulatory requirements
governing water loss.
- Approve the work of 3rd parties providing Water Loss Control
services, including system water audits and leak detection and
proper accounting of water use in each system. -
- Manage employee's career development profiles and prepare
appropriate reports as necessary.
- Use excellent communication skills in English to correspond
verbally and in writing with with customers in addition to various
department personnel. -Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or
- -6+ years or experience in - water supply / water distribution
operations, engineering and construction activities.
- Registration as a Professional Civil or Mechanical Engineer in
the State of California is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time.
- MS Office skills
- Working knowledge of - water operations, planning and
management, including use analysis and forecasting.
- Familiar with CPUC, SWRCB, RWQCB, fire department and other
agency regulations as they pertain to water operations.
- Assist in forecasting water demands including seasonal and
diurnal fluctuations; analyze system operations using hydraulic
models. -PandoLogic. Keywords: Water Supply Engineer, Location:
Apple Valley, CA - 92307
Keywords: Kimco Staffing, Apple Valley , Water Supply Operations Engineer, Engineering , Apple Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!