Project Manager III - Apple Valley, CA
Location: Apple Valley
Posted on: January 1, 2020
Project Manager III
Location: Apple Valley, CA
1Prospect is seeking a qualified Project Manager (PM) to manage a
team to develop, maintain, modify, test, implement, obtain an
Authority To Operate (ATO) in compliance with DoD Risk Management
Framework (RMF), and support the integrated information system for
the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) at the Resident Management
System (RMS) Support Center (RMSSC) located in Apple Valley, CA.
The PM is responsible for conducting supervisory functions to
ensure quality and timely performance of all tasks contained within
the contract performance work statement. The project manager shall
provide substantive guidance, policy and practices for managing and
executing the terms of the contract and demonstrate a commitment
for continuous improvement of internal work processes, minimizing
the impact of changes on external system users and providing
security safeguards for information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage projects using industry standards and best practices,
including the use of Agile/Scrum approach.
* Maintain an accurate and complete breakdown of required features
and issues in a product backlog or other appropriate data store,
prioritize the product backlog and assure that backlog entries are
well specified and clear.
* Coordinate, develop, and maintain project plans individual
project schedules, milestones, deliverables and related
* Provide weekly updates on each of the assigned activities.,
* Report on milestones as appropriate, report whether all tasks and
deliverables are being met.
* Manage, coordinate, facilitate, oversee, and track initiatives
and projects with varying timelines and scopes using
state-of-the-art PM techniques for risk assessment and abatement
and Program Knowledge Management (PKM).
* Utilize applicable project management tools, implement network
logic and measurement methods to perform critical path and risk
analyses necessary to determine forecasting delays and evaluation
of alternative scenarios
* Coordinate with Government Project Management Office (PMO)
Project Managers on projects requiring coordination with the
Government and/or other Contractors.
* Manage and coordinate activities for all internal resources
required to achieve the goals of each project.
* Provide all project information and Contractor personnel activity
schedules needed by the Government Project Manager, within the
timeline and in the format required by the Government Project
* Maintain and continuously update the Government on project
schedules for all Contractor project activities.
* Perform project management activities including, but not limited
to, planning, scheduling, reporting, organizing, coordinating, and
directing resources to achieve requirements and service levels.
* Use organizational project management processes and templates
posted in the Government provided network shares in support of
* Report near-real/real time project status utilizing current
* Aid in the submittal of all Configuration Control Board
documentation for all new hardware and software initiatives.
* Extensive knowledge in computer science and application
* Three (3) to five (5) years of IT Project Management
* Familiarity with DoD lifecycle management, DoDD 5000.1, DoDI
5000.02, and Defense Acquisition Guidebook
* Must have excellent oral, verbal, written communication
* Experience with managing complex, integrated work plans
* Experience in assembling technical documents and providing
detailed analysis of various business system functions
* Experience developing executive-level briefings and
* Must have advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite programs
such as Word, Excel, Access, Project, PowerPoint, and Visio
* Must be able to obtain and maintain SECRET Clearance
* Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate
* Ability to lead or contribute to the development of technical
reports and procedures
* Ability to lead a team of highly trained professionals to meet
the project requirements
* B.S. or B.A. degree or equivalent
* Ten (10) or more years of Federal IT experience, and 5 or more
years of direct supervision of IT Software development,
integration, and maintenance projects.
* Related experience with software related to construction
management is preferred.
* One (1) year of Agile and SCRUM management
1Prospect is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any
other protected class.
* Back Email Apply Now
Keywords: 1Prospect, Apple Valley , Project Manager III - Apple Valley, CA, Executive , Apple Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!