Company: Seabreeze Management Company
Location: Apple Valley
Posted on: March 19, 2023
The Facilities Director provides work direction, training and
guidance to a group of Maintenance Workers. The Facilities Director
plans the workload for the staff and implements the daily/weekly
work projects. The Facilities Director interfaces with homeowners,
residents, contractors, and city workers to successfully maintain
HOA assets and implement both short term and long term projects.
The Facilities Director may also assist the General Manager in
conducting research or special project assignments.Essential Duties
and Responsibilities:To perform this position successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Assumes supervisory responsibility for the Maintenance
- Provides daily work direction to one or more Maintenance
Workers; provides input for annual performance appraisals; assists
in searching for and hiring of new employees.
- Assists homeowners and residents with repair requests through
the HOA work order system and provides advice regarding
preventative or corrective measures.
- Works with and assists outside contractors to ensure successful
completion of contracts including painting, landscaping, and
- Anticipates and identifies problem areas on HOA common ground
and develops action plans to repair. Routinely inspects, monitors,
and repairs HOA common area.
- Performs special projects and work assignments with Irrigation
- Contacts businesses for contract bids.
- Prepare a cost analysis of maintenance estimates for all work
- Review bids from businesses for conformity to contract
requirements and make recommendations.
- Maintains "On Call" emergency maintenance and irrigation
schedule through Association's answering service.
- Assists General Manager in supporting HOA Committees and in
implementing Board approved projects.
- May participate in semi-annual unit walk-throughs.
- Encourages a safe working environment, holds regularly
scheduled OSHA Safety Meetings and ensures compliance with OSHA
- Prepares time cards for submission to General Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Supervision, instruction and development of subordinate
- Minimum of three (3) years of related work and supervisory
experience with HOAs.
- Possess a valid state issued driver's license with a clean
driving record, and the ability to proficiently operate a standard
- Effective project management, planning, organizational, problem
solving, and follow up skills.
- Professional image or business image per policy.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle shifting
priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to operate equipment as defined by the position.
- Advanced diplomacy, politeness, personal etiquette, and
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects, use time
management skills and exercise independent judgment.
- Intermediate computer skills, ability to use MS Outlook and MS
Office effectivelyExtensive working knowledge of and use of tools
and equipment in:
- Cement Work
- General Mechanical
- PavingTools include but are not limited to hammer, shovel,
pliers, pick, wire cutters, saw, sewer machine, cement saw, drills,
socket, wrenches, levels, transit, cement mixer, concrete finishing
tools, hole auger, tamper, nail puller, soldering torch, pressure
gauge, electrical tester, jack hammer, rock drill, compressor,
trenching machine, propane torch, welding torch/arch welder, and
painting equipment.Language Skills:The individual must have strong
written and verbal communication skills in order to communicate
effectively with employees and clients at all levels of the
organization.Availability:Regular business hours and overtime as
needed. Occasional overtime work required when emergency situations
arise. Rotating "On-Call" service as required.This maintenance
position may be hazardous at times. Extreme care should be taken
when using any tool, while operating machinery, driving a vehicle
and when working with electricity. Each employee is responsible to
assist the department in maintaining a safe working environment.
The Association maintains a smoke-free environment in its offices,
buildings, and Clubhouse complex.The job listing/offer with
Seabreeze Management is contingent upon being fully vaccinated and
boosted providing proof of your COVID-19 vaccine before your start
date. Generally, you are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after
receiving the last dose, as recommended by the manufacturer, of a
vaccine that has been authorized by the FDA for use in the United
States or listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization
(WHO), including vaccinations that have been approved pursuant to
an Emergency Use Authorization. Seabreeze is committed to engaging
applicants and employees in the interactive process and if you
cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical reason
or a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an
accommodation to this requirement by contacting Vy Nguyen at
949-334-8166. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here -
is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates the
diversity of our team. We do not discriminate based upon race,
religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation such as an ASL interpreter,
please contact us at Vy Nguyen at (949) 334-8166. Are you a
resident looking to login, pay online, or request service?
Keywords: Seabreeze Management Company, Apple Valley , Facilities Director, Executive , Apple Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...