Registration Representative I
Company: Mission Hospital Mission Viejo
Location: Apple Valley
Posted on: April 28, 2021
We are looking for a Registration Representative Ifor the
Admitting RegistrationsDepartment at St. Mary Medical Center .
Location: Apple Valley, CA Work Schedule: On Call / Per Diem
Shift:8-hour, Days Job Summary:Under the direction of the PAS
manager (defined below by region), the Registration Representative
I is responsible for assisting patients during the on-site
registration and arrival processes for scheduled and unscheduled
visits. This individual completes the registration for unscheduled
visits by collecting accurate demographic information, insurance
information, and collecting patient liability (if known) prior to
the time of service. In addition, this individual is responsible
for miscellaneous client service activities including valuables
collection and providing basic customer service. The Registration
Representative I greets and serves patients in a professional,
friendly, and respectful manner to promote positive encounters.
Registration Representative I (Southern California): This
individual reports to the respective Southern California ministry
PAS manager and serves one of the following ministries: Mission
Hospital (Viejo and Laguna), St. Mary Medical Center, St. Jude
Medical Center, or St. Joseph Orange Hospital. Registration
Representative I (Southwest): This individual reports to the
respective Southwest ministry PAS manager and serves one of the
following ministries: Covenant Lubbock, Levelland, or Plainview
- Activate patients in the system of record upon arrival on the
date of service and assist patients and customers in navigating
throughout the hospital facility.
- Verify patient insurance; read and understand responses from
automated financial clearance tool and take appropriate action,
including referrals to Patient Access Specialist or Financial
Counselor, as appropriate.
- Ensure that required/applicable forms and documents are
presented and explained at time of registration (e.g., Patient
Rights and Responsibilities, Advance Directives, Important Patient
- Obtain all necessary patient signatures at time of
- Perform collections and cashiering functions when
- Ensure that financially cleared patients go directly to the
area of service in order to receive treatment; refer patients to
Financial Counseling when appropriate.
- Obtain all information necessary to perform benefits
verification for unscheduled visits.
- Coordinate with bed placement and ensure appropriate patient
type and status changes are performed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate discharge processing with financial counseling, Case
Management, and clinicians.
- Assist patients with on-site customer service functions (e.g.,
billing, medical record, and collection inquiries) by coordinating
with other revenue cycle functions and departments.
- Collect, log, and store patient valuables in accordance with
SJHS security policies prior to patient service.Skills:
- Ten-key touch.
- Ability to type 45 WPM.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of computer software programs and use of basic office
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations that govern patient
privacy and collections.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Preferred: Familiarity with basic financial clearance
- Preferred: Bilingual English/Spanish.Minimum Position
Requirements: Experience:Experience in medical management computer
applications. Preferred Position Qualifications: Education:H.S.
Diploma or GED Experience:
- One (1) yearHealth care business office experience or related
- Three (3) yearsRegistration experience.St. Mary Medical Center
(SMMC) is an acute care hospital with 213 beds and over 1,750
employees making it one of the region's largest employers serving
communities of the High Desert. The facility was constructed in
1956 and joined the St. Joseph Health System in 1992. This facility
has the only Neonatal Care Unit in the High Desert Accredited by
California Children Services and has been granted approval as a
Special Hospital with the California Children's Services Community
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. St. Mary was accredited as a primary
Stroke Receiving Center in 2018, the only stroke-receiving center
in the High Desert. The Services and Clinical Specialties offered
at this Hospital are Diabetes Education, Emergency Services, Heart
and Vascular Services, Imaging Services, Rehabilitation Services,
Respiratory Services, Robotic Surgery Services, Surgical Services,
Women & Children's Services and Wound Care and Hyperbaric
Keywords: Mission Hospital Mission Viejo, Apple Valley , Registration Representative I, Other , Apple Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!