Company: Mission Hospital Mission Viejo
Location: Apple Valley
Posted on: April 30, 2021
We are looking for a Dietary Clerk with the Administration at
St. Mary Medical Center. Location: Apple Valley, CA Work Schedule:
OnCall/ Per Diem Shift: 8 hour (Variable) Days Job Summary: Under
general supervision, acts as a communication liaison between
nursing, dietitians, nutrition assistants and food production staff
regarding diet prescriptions, menus, and special requests. Modifies
patient meals according to diet changes as appropriate, taking into
consideration age appropriate food needs for infants, adolescents,
adults, and geriatric patients. Assures accuracy, timeliness,
quality, and stewardship. Assures compliance with established
policies and procedures, as well as, state and county codes.
- Utilizes computerized diet office program and EMR to ensure
patient meal service is provided in a timely and accurate manner,
taking into consideration needs of all ages including infant,
adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
- Oversees clinical nutrition services in the absence of Dietetic
Technician, Registered (DTR) or Sous Chef by handling requests and
making decisions that support policy and procedure and customer
- Monitors patient meal cart, assuring accuracy of trays and food
temperature. Updates meal cart with diet changes by adding needed
trays and special food items.
- Disseminates information via oral or written messages to or
from nursing staff, management, dietitians, food production staff,
nutrition assistants, and room service attendants.
- Participates in Quality Management program, performing audits
as assigned by DTR, Supervisor, and management team. Participates
in collection and reporting of assigned quality control data.
Assures completion of assigned tasks in a timely and accurate
- Performs duties of Nutrition Assistants and Room Service
Attendants in response to staffing and workload demands and also
performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains current knowledge of NCS policies and procedures.
- Proficient in food safety and sanitation practices and carry
valid ServSafe certification.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and communication skills, including phone and
- Visual abilities for reading, writing, and tray assembly.
- Ability to use common sense and act dependably.
- Ability to work independently, as well as, with fellow staff
- Ability to walk and stand for the majority of each work
- Demonstrates leadership ability and high ethical
- Proficient in required competencies upon completion of
orientation, as listed on the unit specific competency inventory
(if applicable). Minimum Position Qualifications: Education : H.S.
Diploma or GED Experience : 2 years in Hospital patient services
dietetics experience. Licenses and Certifications : ServSafe
certified Preferred Position Qualifications: Education :
Coursework/Training - Some college level courses in nutrition.
Experience : 5 years in Hospital patient services dietetics
experience St. Mary Medical Center (SMMC) is an acute care hospital
with 213 beds and over 1,750 employees making it one of the
region's largest employers serving communities of the High Desert.
The facility was constructed in 1956 and joined the St. Joseph
Health System in 1992. This facility has the only Neonatal Care
Unit in the High Desert Accredited by California Children Services
and has been granted approval as a Special Hospital with the
California Children's Services Community Neonatal Intensive Care
Unit. St. Mary was accredited as a primary Stroke Receiving Center
in 2018, the only stroke-receiving center in the High Desert. The
Services and Clinical Specialties offered at this Hospital are
Diabetes Education, Emergency Services, Heart and Vascular
Services, Imaging Services, Rehabilitation Services, Respiratory
Services, Robotic Surgery Services, Surgical Services, Women &
Children's Services and Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine.
Keywords: Mission Hospital Mission Viejo, Apple Valley , Dietary Clerk, Other , Apple Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!