Associate Maintenance Technician - Plant Operations
Company: Mission Hospital Mission Viejo
Location: Apple Valley
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We are looking for a Associate Maintenance Technicianfor the
Facilities-Plant Operations Department at St. Mary Medical
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Work Schedule: Part Time - 40 Biweekly Hours
Responsible the performance of duties necessary to keep the
physical structure and associated equipment of the hospital in good
repair. Minor electrical work, mechanical repairs, and other duties
relating to maintenance are the primary duties.
- Performs all assigned tasks in a professional manner to reflect
the highest integrity of the Engineering Department, following all
hospital policy and procedures.
- Assists HVAC engineer in maintaining and repairing H.V.A.C
controls and associated equipment to maximize efficiency levels in
all environmentally controlled areas.
- Performs urgent corrective, routine, and requisitioned repairs
of low voltage electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems as
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment and systems as
required, along with proper documentation in a timely manner.
- As required, assists the electrician in maintaining electrical
wiring and emergency generator systems. Inspects and tests
equipment/systems and maintains a working knowledge of the alarm
and signal systems.
- Performs preventative maintenance duties to all physical
structures of the hospital and complies with all building safety
codes. This includes facility equipment and associated
- Assists in replacing, installing, repairing and testing
electrical circuits, equipment, appliances and lighting systems as
- Performs manual duties as requested (i.e., moving supplies or
furniture, replacing light bulbs, removing trash or scrap
- Reads blueprints, interprets instructions and performs
- Works day, evening, or night shift as assigned.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of how to use and maintain plant
tools and equipment.
- Is responsible for exercising safety precautions.
- Is responsible for making rounds and updating logs throughout
Minimum Position Requirements:
- H.S. Diploma or GED or equivalent educ/experience
- Coursework/Training - Training in maintenance techniques within
6 months of hire (plumbing, boiler, or chillers)
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience:1 year related experience in a maintenance
St. Mary Medical Center (SMMC) is an acute care hospital with 213
beds and over 1,750 employees making it one of the region's largest
employers serving communities of the High Desert. The facility was
constructed in 1956 and joined the St. Joseph Health System in
This facility has the only Neonatal Care Unit in the High Desert
Accredited by California Children Services and has been granted
approval as a Special Hospital with the California Children's
Services Community Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. St. Mary was
accredited as a primary Stroke Receiving Center in 2018, the only
stroke-receiving center in the High Desert.
The Services and Clinical Specialties offered at this Hospital are
Diabetes Education, Emergency Services, Heart and Vascular
Services, Imaging Services, Rehabilitation Services, Respiratory
Services, Robotic Surgery Services, Surgical Services, Women &
Children's Services and Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine.
Keywords: Mission Hospital Mission Viejo, Apple Valley , Associate Maintenance Technician - Plant Operations, Other , Apple Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!