Chase Home Lending Staff Appraiser- San Francisco (Remote)
Company: JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Location: Apple Valley
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Chase Staff Appraiser is responsible for performing
appraisals and reviews of residential property types for the Chase
Mortgage Banking group. Geographic competency within key market
area is required to perform appraisal assignments in a professional
manner in compliance with USPAP, federal, state, and Chase
requirements. This high caliber appraiser will be trained
specifically on Chase valuation requirements and quality standards.
The successful candidate will function as an individual contributor
and demonstrate strong knowledge of appraisal practices and
- State Certified Residential Appraiser will perform residential
appraisals for single-family properties, to include condominiums,
cooperatives, and multi-family units (1-4 units).
- Competently perform appraisals and conduct level of inspection
as required by the specific assignment for local and remote
- Develops supported value opinions on all appraisal
- Analyzes and evaluates market trends and provides meaningful
- Solves complex appraisal problems using recognized appraisal
- Performs collateral review on 1-4 unit property appraisal
reports completed by third party originators.
- Analyze appraisal documents to ensure quality, reasonableness,
accuracy and completion in accordance with Uniform Standards of
Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), Regulatory and Chase
- Resolves deficiencies or discrepancies within valuation
products while maintaining appraisal independence.
- Understands and leverage data from collateral risk tools, in
performance of the appraisal underwrite.
- Effectively communicates appraisal underwriting decision with
internal partners as appropriate.
- Manage performance of Direct Engagement Appraiser team
- Lead as Subject Matter Experts ensuring compliance with Chase
Policy and procedure.
- Provide proactive coaching and support team development.
- Maximize productivity and efficiency by monitoring work queues
and capacity as volumes dictate.
- Manage team performance related to service delivery, quality
expectations and productivity benchmarks.
- Appraiser must hold an active state certified appraisal license
in good standing and maintain certification requirements.
- Understands and adheres to Uniform Standards of Professional
Appraisal Practice (USPAP), JP Morgan Chase appraisal standards and
- Conducts oneself in a professional manner and maintains a
professional demeanor and appearance to meets JPMC Code of Conduct
expectations. Collaborates effectively with internal customers to
ensure seamless customer service. Submits proactive status updates
at the order level and responds to all calls/emails/texts in a
prompt and professional manner.
- Represent Chase with the highest level of ethics, integrity,
and maintain strict confidentiality and discretion.
- Maintain reliable means of transportation.
- Maintains knowledge of technology to enhance efficiency both in
the field and in the work environment.
- Meet all departmental goals for productivity, quality, and
Knowledge and Experience
Required: Licensed or Certified Residential Appraiser
Required: 3+ years of appraisal experience as a licensed/certified
Required: Excellent analytical and decision making skills
Required: Ability to act independently and consistently make
appropriate decisions with minimal guidance and oversight
Required: Strong understanding of appraisal practices and
methodology including the 3 Chase
Required: Knowledge of construction standards and building cost
Required: Ability to complete real estate appraisals that are
compliant with Federal and State laws, as well as being done in
accordance with Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal
Required: Experience appraising new construction, complex, unique,
Required: Competency in Microsoft Office products and appraisal
Required: Excellent time management skills in order to multi-task
and meet production expectations and deadlines
Required: Valid Driver's License
Preferred: Associate's Degree
Preferred: FHA Approved Appraiser, USDA experience
Requires background check, review of Chase Ineligible List, review
of any prior disciplinary actions, verification of active license
within state, no current or pending litigation or
Demonstrate geographic competencyChase is a leading financial
services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and
small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad
range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged,
lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of
everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and
cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse
talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to
our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high
value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status,
pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under
applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make
reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious
practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Keywords: JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., Apple Valley , Chase Home Lending Staff Appraiser- San Francisco (Remote), Other , Apple Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!