Director, Clinical Education and Professional Practice
Company: St. Joseph Health
Location: Apple Valley
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Providence is calling for a Director Clinical Education and
The individual in this position leads the ministry is
- Providing leadership of departmental operations,
- Providing leadership for educational and professional
development activities for caregivers across the ministry,
- Providing consistent departmental input, implementation, and
evaluation of standardized ministry, service area, regional, and
system educational programs and initiatives,
- Developing strategy and implementing tactical plans for
achieving and maintaining Pathway or Magnet recognition.
- Directing the organization's Pathway/Magnet process as the
onsite resource for the ANCC recognition program.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the Education
department. Leads staff members while providing them with
direction, coaching and mentoring.
- Creates and monitors the ministry-focused Education and
Professional Practice budget, in conjunction with Service
- Provides for caregiver educational opportunities for the entire
facility, based on learning needs assessments, patient care
requirements, regulatory needs, and standardization of tools and
programs across the region.
- Contributes to the design, implementation, and evaluation of
regional education and professional development programs, including
orientation, competency assessment, in-service needs, and
continuing professional development activities.
- Evaluates satisfaction, effectiveness, and clinical impact of
the educational programs offered.
- Develops strategy and tactical plans for achieving and
retaining Pathway/Magnet program.
- Directs the ministry's Pathway/Magnet process as the onsite
resource for the ANCC program.
- Co-leads the ministry-based Pathway/Magnet leadership
structure, with the CNO, supported by service area and regional
Evidence Based Practice (EBP)
- Influences widespread cultural focus on clinical inquiry using
evidence to inform quality initiatives, practice improvements, and
generating new knowledge through research.
- Focuses on the development of mentors to lead EBP teams in
support of clinical inquiries.
- Facilitates the development, education, implementation,
support, outcomes, and evaluation of ministry-based shared
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships which foster
strategic and operational goals with ministry and regional leaders,
outside agencies, academic partners, and other interprofessional
partners, by fostering an atmosphere of open communication.
- Works with ministry and nursing leaders to design, implement
improvements that support regulatory requirements that include
- Contributes to the development of regional policies,
procedures, and guidelines related to educational and professional
Required education/experience for this position include:
- Master's Degree Nursing, nursing education, education,
business, or closely related field.
- Post-Master's Certificate in Nursing Education. If the master's
degree is not in nursing education or education, then, a
post-master's certificate in nursing education is strongly
preferred upon hire or within 4 years of taking the position.
- 2 years' experience in nursing education.
- 3 years' experience in acute care nursing.
- 2 years within a nursing management/leadership role.
- Knowledge of current nursing practice.
- Demonstrated expertise and proficiency in nursing management
- Demonstrated ability to perform needs assessments, and to
develop learning objectives that result in the learner successfully
being able to perform as required meeting the position and
- Knowledge of educational theories, educational program
development, principles of adult and lifelong learning, critical
thinking strategies, and implementing evidence.
- Ability to build relationships to achieve goals in a highly
matrixed and complex environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in leading/co-leading large scale
- Ability to operate in an environment of constrained financial
- Computer skills, including basic proficiency with MS Outlook
(e-mail/calendar), Word, Excel, PowerPoint, TEAMS, and Learning
Management Systems (HealthStream).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred education/experience for this position include:
- Knowledge and demonstrated expertise in ANCC Magnet program
standards, application, monitoring, and re-designation processes
- Demonstrated expertise in leading Magnet focused
- Demonstrated expertise in facilitating shared governance.
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Apple Valley , Director, Clinical Education and Professional Practice, Other , Apple Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!