Operator Control House
Company: Cemex USA
Location: Apple Valley
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Founded in 1906, over the last 110+ years' CEMEX has grown into
a global building materials company that provides high quality
products and reliable service to customers and communities
throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.
Here at CEMEX we offer our employees competitive wages, career
growth, excellent benefits including health, dental & vision plans,
vacation or paid time off, employee assistance program and
retirement plan options, along with over a century of stability to
build your next career on! To learn more about our company culture
and why you should join us, visit us at www.cemexusa.com/careers.
For direct access to CEMEX Career Opportunities, visit us at
The employee holding this job must perform the work activities
in a correct, accurate and timely fashion due to the fact that
every single work activity in our line of business is crucial for
the whole operation.
- Weighs and records weight of customer vehicles and generates
and maintains shipping records
- Uses computer hardware and software to obtain customer vehicle
weights, record those weights and produce scale tickets for
- Operate scales and ensure customer vehicles are loaded
according to Company Policy.
- Receive telephone requests for price quotations, order changes,
adjustments and cancellations directly from assigned and
non-assigned customers. Achieve and maintain rapport with customers
and work to give them the best possible service.
- Responsible for maintaining good customer relations. Generally,
deals with representatives and customers concerning matters that
require some tact and resourcefulness. Coordinates with other
personnel including production and sales departments.
- Maintains and coordinates shipping activity.
- Provides professional administrative support to the Area
Manager, Plant Supervisor and other team members.
- Maintains good housekeeping in assigned area.
- Replace or assist other workers as needed or directed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor or
- High school preferred
- Bilingual a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to carry out simple oral and written instructions and
deal with simple problems.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions and operate
- Basic mathematical skills, including basic arithmetic functions
and common units of measurements.
- Ability to read English sufficiently to be able to read
information contained in manuals, regulations, and reports,
including Safety issues and related matters.
- Ability to speak English and communicate with others via a
- Basic English language skills for completion of various
paperwork, such as pre-shift inspection forms.
- High level of attentiveness and physical coordination to
operate scale control house and fill in for ground personnel.
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme
noise, and working outdoors.
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and
climbing to a significant degree
- Heavy Work-Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 50 pounds or force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds
of force constantly to move objects
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to
employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but
may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of
- Must pass DOT physical to include back x-ray, hearing test and
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action)
institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or
familial status, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in
the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of
Arizona's Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes 36-601.01).
Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited
in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle
owned or leased by CEMEX.
EEO Statement - En Espaol
CEMEX es una institucin EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/accin
afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color,
religin, discapacidad fsica o mental, credo, origen nacional,
estatus veterano, orientacin sexual, infomacin gentica, identidad
de gnero, o expresin de gnero en los programas o actividades los
Keywords: Cemex USA, Apple Valley , Operator Control House, Other , Apple Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!