RN - South Telemetry
Company: St. Joseph Health
Location: Apple Valley
Posted on: June 6, 2021
We are looking for a Staff RN with South Telemetry
at St. Mary Medical Center.
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Schedule: Full-time 72 Biweekly Hour
Shift: 12 Hour Day Shift
Within the identified roles of Practitioner, Teacher and Leader,
the staff Registered Nurse provides collaborative and comprehensive
care based on patient and/or family needs. The staff Registered
Nurse implements and evaluates care delivery based on predicted
outcomes while anticipating potential responses provides
assessment, treatment and care throughout the hospital and outlying
clinics. The staff Registered Nurse will practice in accordance
with all regulatory, professional, legal and hospital policies. The
Staff Registered Nurse works independently under limited
supervision directly reporting to the Unit/Department Supervisor,
Director of Assistant Vice President.
- Performs a complete patient assessment that encompasses the
patient's physical, physiological, emotional and spiritual
- Formulates a nursing diagnosis based upon the patient
assessment and develops and implements an individualized patient
care plan that is based upon collaboration with the patient and the
assessment of the patient.
- Performs procedures/treatments, administers medications and
provides nursing care based upon established clinical practice
(policy and procedures), the patients plan of care and physician
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the care plan through
observation of the patient's physical condition and behavior, signs
and symptoms of illness and reactions to the treatment. Through
communication with the patient and the health team members,
including shift to shift report modifies the plan as needed.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements the individual
patient/family education plan together with the multidisciplinary
- Provides and documents patient/family education within the
Registered Nurse's scope of practice. Communicates effectively with
members of the health care team with regard to patients condition
- Acts as the patient/family advocate as circumstances require by
initiating action to improve health care or to change decision or
activities which are against the interest or wishes of the patient
or family and by giving the patient/family the opportunity to make
informed decisions about health care before it is provided.
- Coordinates discharge planning of the simple patient and obtain
necessary orders for discharge.
- Delegates tasks to Team Members based on scope of practice,
competencies and qualifications.
- Effectively supervises care being given by Nurses Aides,
Licensed Vocational Nurses and Student Nurses.
- Participates in orientation of new employees and student
- Demonstrates critical thinking capabilities.
- Participates in continuing education programs offered by SMMC.
Assists and participates in committee work as requested. Is an
effective member of the healthcare team and participates in 75% of
department and unit staff meetings.
- Knows staff nurse is a team member in the Utilization
- Participates in multidisciplinary conferences.
- Documents patient specific data/information concisely and
thoroughly, according to hospital and regulatory agency
- Completed all CEU requirements in accordance with RN license
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (copier, fax,
personal computer, printer, telephone, nurse call system).
- Basic knowledge of nursing procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic nursing and unit specific
- Demonstrates competencies in IV initiation and management.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory (preceptor class).
- Associate's Degree or equivalent educ/experience
- Other training as specific to unit requirements.
- Environmental Orientation within 30 days of hire.
- General RN competency within 30 days of hire.
- Unit Specific competency within 90 days of hire.
- Preceptor / Mentor:
- Preceptor Mentor competency prior to first schedule
- Rapid Response:
- Role Specific competency prior to first schedule RRT
- Preceptor / Mentor:
- 18 months experience in hospital nursing practice.
- Rapid Response:
- 18 months experience in critical care area.
- Team Leader:
- 2 years of recent RN experience in an acute care hospital.
- 6 months recent experience in the hospital department involved
or in a different department, either at St. Mary Medical Center or
elsewhere, with similar patient care responsibilities.
License and Certificate:
- Current California Registered Nurse License by evidence of
Primary Source Verification.
- Current BLS.
- Other certifications as specific to unit requirements.
- Current ACLS for adult areas.
- PALS / NRP for MCC units.
- Team STEPPS essentials class.
Preferred Position Requirements:
Experience: 2 years Experience in a hospital environment.
St. Mary Medical Center (SMMC) is an acute care hospital with
213 beds and over 1,750 employees making it one of the region's
largest employers serving communities of the High Desert. The
facility was constructed in 1956 and joined the St. Joseph Health
System in 1992.
This facility has the only Neonatal Care Unit in the High Desert
Accredited by California Children Services and has been granted
approval as a Special Hospital with the California Children's
Services Community Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. St. Mary was
accredited as a primary Stroke Receiving Center in 2018, the only
stroke-receiving center in the High Desert.
The Services and Clinical Specialties offered at this Hospital
are Diabetes Education, Emergency Services, Heart and Vascular
Services, Imaging Services, Rehabilitation Services, Respiratory
Services, Robotic Surgery Services, Surgical Services, Women &
Children's Services and Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine.
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Apple Valley , RN - South Telemetry, Other , Apple Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!