We are looking for a Staff RN - California Nurses Association
with North Medical Surgical Department at St. Mary Medical
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Schedule: Full-time 72 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 12 Hour Nights
Within the identified roles of Practitioner, Teacher and Leader,
the staff Registered Nurse provides collaborative and comprehensive
care based on patient and/or family needs. The staff Registered
Nurse implements and evaluates care delivery based on predicted
outcomes while anticipating potential responses provides
assessment, treatment and care throughout the hospital and outlying
clinics. The staff Registered Nurse will practice in accordance
with all regulatory, professional, legal and hospital policies. The
Staff Registered Nurse works independently under limited
supervision directly reporting to the Unit/Department Supervisor,
Director of Assistant Vice President.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (copier, fax,
personal computer, printer, telephone, nurse call system).
- Basic knowledge of nursing procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic nursing and unit specific
- Demonstrates competencies in IV initiation and management.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent educ/experience
- Coursework/Training - Other training as specific to unit
- Coursework/Training - Environmental Orientation within 30 days
- Coursework/Training - General RN competency within 30 days of
- Coursework/Training - Unit Specific (Telemetry) competency
within 90 days of hire.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Current California Registered Nurse License by evidence of
Primary Source Verification
- Current BLS
- Other certifications as specific to unit requirements
- ACLS, Advanced Cardiac Life Support Course
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience: 2 years of experience in a hospital environment
St. Mary Medical Center (SMMC) is an acute care hospital with
213 beds and over 1,750 employees making it one of the region's
largest employers serving communities of the High Desert. The
facility was constructed in 1956 and joined the St. Joseph Health
System in 1992.
This facility has the only Neonatal Care Unit in the High Desert
Accredited by California Children Services and has been granted
approval as a Special Hospital with the California Children's
Services Community Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. St. Mary was
accredited as a primary Stroke Receiving Center in 2018, the only
stroke-receiving center in the High Desert.
The Services and Clinical Specialties offered at this Hospital
are Diabetes Education, Emergency Services, Heart and Vascular
Services, Imaging Services, Rehabilitation Services, Respiratory
Services, Robotic Surgery Services, Surgical Services, Women &
Children's Services and Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine.