Company: The Steel Erection Company
Location: Apple Valley
Posted on: June 6, 2021
We are looking for a highly skilled Metal Stud Framer
(Steel Gauge) to join our construction team. As a Metal Stud
Framer, you will be responsible for preparing equipment, material
selection, cutting/processing and install steel stud framing and
To ensure success as a Metal Stud Framer, you should
possess extensive experience in metal stud framing and contribute
expertise to our team.
- Possibly lead a team of
- Studying construction
specifications to determine installation instructions,
requirements, and procedures.
- Preparing equipment and tools,
including scaffolding, ladders, tape measures, straightedges, hand
tools, and power tools.
- Chalk lining references lines
and points to level metal frames and furring channels.
- Measuring and cutting metal
runners, studs, and furring channels to required sizes.
- Installing horizontal and
vertical metal studs to frames to attach wallboards.
- Measuring, cutting, fitting,
and fastening drywall boards onto the frames and securing finish
bead/corner bead/drywall trim.
- Cutting tidy openings into
boards for electrical outlets, vents, and fixtures.
- Installing metal framing and
trim for windows, doorways, and vents.
- Ensuring compliance with
construction industry specifications and safety
- Ability to safely operate a
scissor lift and or boom lift.
- Exceptional ability in planning
installations and taking accurate measurements.
- In-depth knowledge of materials
for this trade, such as studs, nails, screws, anchors, and
- Extensive experience in
installing light gauge metals for framing/substratum and
- Keen attention to
- Physically fit and able to move
and lift construction materials and assemble equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of
construction industry safety specifications and
- High School Diploma or
- Apprenticeship or equivalent
training in the construction industry.
- 2-5 years of experience in
metal stud framing.
- Experience in working with
specialized tools such as hammer drills, pneumatic nailing guns,
powder actuated tools, handheld drivers, laser lines and
potentially survey/layout equipment.
- Ability to work in a standing
position for extended hours.
- Comfortable with working on
elevated surfaces and confined spaces.
- Resilient to working in adverse
- Must have enough manual
dexterity and stability as required for precision work.
- Must be able to see details at
- Must be able to lift up to 40
pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse
facilities and machinery by climbing, balancing, lifting, walking,
stooping, and carrying materials.
Keywords: The Steel Erection Company, Apple Valley , Metal Framer, Other , Apple Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!