Registration Representative I
Company: Mission Hospital Mission Viejo
Location: Apple Valley
Posted on: June 6, 2021
We are looking for a Ministry Registration Representative I for
the Admitting Registrations Departmentat St. Mary Medical
Location Apple Valley, CA
Work Schedule: Part time - 2 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Evenings
Under the direction of the PAS manager (defined below by region),
the Registration Representative I is responsible for assisting
patients during the on-site registration and arrival processes for
scheduled and unscheduled visits. This individual completes the
registration for unscheduled visits by collecting accurate
demographic information, insurance information, and collecting
patient liability (if known) prior to the time of service. In
addition, this individual is responsible for miscellaneous client
service activities including valuables collection and providing
basic customer service. The Registration Representative I greets
and serves patients in a professional, friendly, and respectful
manner to promote positive encounters.
- Activate patients in the system of record upon arrival on the
date of service and assist patients and customers in navigating
throughout the hospital facility.
- Verify patient insurance; read and understand responses from
automated financial clearance tool and take appropriate action,
including referrals to Patient Access Specialist or Financial
Counselor, as appropriate.
- Ensure that required/applicable forms and documents are
presented and explained at time of registration (e.g., Patient
Rights and Responsibilities, Advance Directives, Important Patient
- Obtain all necessary patient signatures at time of
- Perform collections and cashiering functions when
- Ensure that financially cleared patients go directly to the
area of service in order to receive treatment; refer patients to
Financial Counseling when appropriate.
- Obtain all information necessary to perform benefits
verification for unscheduled visits.
- Coordinate with bed placement and ensure appropriate patient
type and status changes are performed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate discharge processing with financial counseling, Case
Management, and clinicians.
- Assist patients with on-site customer service functions (e.g.,
billing, medical record, and collection inquiries) by coordinating
with other revenue cycle functions and departments.
- Collect, log, and store patient valuables in accordance with
SJHS security policies prior to patient service.
- Ten-key touch.
- Ability to type 45 WPM.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of computer software programs and use of basic office
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations that govern patient
privacy and collections.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Preferred: Familiarity with basic financial clearance
- Preferred: Bilingual English/Spanish.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: H.S. Diploma or GED
Experience:Experience in medical management computer
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- 1 year health care business office experience or related
- 3 yearsRegistration experience.
St. Mary Medical Center (SMMC) is an acute care hospital with 213
beds and over 1,750 employees making it one of the region's largest
employers serving communities of the High Desert. The facility was
constructed in 1956 and joined the St. Joseph Health System in
This facility has the only Neonatal Care Unit in the High Desert
Accredited by California Children Services and has been granted
approval as a Special Hospital with the California Children's
Services Community Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. St. Mary was
accredited as a primary Stroke Receiving Center in 2018, the only
stroke-receiving center in the High Desert.
The Services and Clinical Specialties offered at this Hospital are
Diabetes Education, Emergency Services, Heart and Vascular
Services, Imaging Services, Rehabilitation Services, Respiratory
Services, Robotic Surgery Services, Surgical Services, Women &
Children's Services and Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine.
Keywords: Mission Hospital Mission Viejo, Apple Valley , Registration Representative I, Other , Apple Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!