Company: St. Joseph Health
Location: Apple Valley
Posted on: June 6, 2021
We are looking for a PACS Administrator for the Imaging Services
Admin Department at St. Mary Medical Center.
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8 hour, Days (Variable)
Responsible for overall analysis, system design, development,
and support of the various complex computer applications and
systems in the Department of Diagnostic Imaging. This position also
maintains applications security, maintains both internally
developed and vendor supplied executables within the appropriate
executable paths. This position organizes, trains, monitors and
implements information system projects. This position assists the
Imaging Directors in the operations of the PACS system for Imaging
and Cardiology Departments.
- Ensures data integrity and validity of applications and
- Oversees and coordinates the testing and installation of new
releases and upgrades of clinical applications.
- Develops and coordinates conversion/migration plans and
schedules with appropriate individuals.
- Develops backup and implementation strategies to minimize
system down time.
- Provides appropriate application security levels to protect the
database and administers the appropriate security levels for all
- Tunes applications to improve response time and minimize down
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT/SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate common knowledge and is able to use the Project
Management Institute standards for successful project management
- Integration Management:
- Have a general knowledge of all ten competencies needed for
- Manage within the internal and external environment.
Manage Projects throughout the life cycle
- Scope Management:
- Manage project authorization.
- Define and plan project scope.
Manage project scope.
- Time Management:
- Develop project schedule.
- Manage project schedule.
Analyze time management outcomes.
- Quality Management:
Develop quality requirements.
- Human Resource Management:
- Management project organization and staffing.
- Implement staff training and development.
- Manage staff performance.
Lead the project team.
- Communications Management.
- Technology Management:
- Ensure proposed IT solution fits within overall Providence IT
Manage assigned technical resources to ensure timely
- Serves as a customer department liaison and principal
Information Services contact for project related activity.
- Provides customer with information necessary to enable
customer's ability to make informed business decisions involving
- Business Knowledge - Understands Providence Health and Services
business as demonstrated by:
- Having in depth knowledge of the Providence Health and Services
organizational structure, as displayed in the PH&S
- Familiarity with the PH&S strategic plan and the short and
long-term implications of the plan in relation to new and existing
- Understanding of PH&S Mission and Core Values of
Compassion, Justice, Respect, Excellence, and Stewardship.
- Knowing the overall structure of Regional I/S learning which
departments impact your area. Having a general knowledge of the
workflow and business processes.
- Proven leadership skills, project management skills, and the
ability to manage a team of IT analysts is required.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to manage
and lead multiple complex projects simultaneously from conception,
schedule, design, and testing, though implementation is
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with patients,
coworkers, and clients.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently enter data into database
and spreadsheet programs via keyboard and scanned file.
- Ability to meet time-framed deadlines.
- Ability to interact with all levels of caregivers including
physician, supervisory and staff.
- Ability to gather and report accurate information in a succinct
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT/SKILLS:
- Hardware: In depth understanding of the hardware technology
required to input, process, and transport information within a
single facility and throughout the enterprise, as demonstrated
- Assisting the customer in understanding the technology needed
for the project and its effects on their current and future
- Consults and provides recommendations to customers, staff and
management on system design issues for both existing and proposed
- Working with the Support Center to establish post
implementation support for new and existing equipment, including
backup and recovery plans.
- Software: In depth understanding of the current operation
systems/software application environments and the potential effects
that solution may have on the current environment as demonstrated
- Working with the various application analyst/specialists and
technical staff to create an effective test environment to minimize
any negative impacts on existing operational systems.
Assisting the customers, application analyst/specialists, and
technical staff in developing a support plan for post
- Working with the customer, vendor and interface team to define,
test, and implement the needed interfaces to maximize the
effectiveness of new or modified systems.
- Facilities/Environment: In depth understanding of the
facility/environment requirements needed to support and operate IT
equipment, as demonstrated by:
- Working with the customer and technical staff in defining HVAC
and electrical requirements needed to support moved or new
- Assisting the customer and technical staff in defining needed
data and network cabling upgrades and changes needed to support new
or existing projects.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- Timely and accurate written project status reporting.
- Timely response to electronic communications (email).
- Maintaining accurate project documentation for post
implementation review and quality assurance.
- Using language and technical detail appropriate for
- Consistently documenting project issues and changes to keep the
project on track and the sponsor and project team informed.
- Using post implementation surveys to garner customer feedback
on the positive and negative aspects of the implementation.
- Timely and accurate verbal status reports on evolving
situations, problems, and solutions.
- Effectively presenting and gathering information at project
meetings and at other situations where information is
- Timely response to voice mail messages.
Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills by:
- IS Team Involvement/Interaction:
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of the various IS
teams (via manager and peers).
- Aligning, communicating and functioning efficiently in a team
- Demonstrating positive interpersonal skills in resolving
situations experienced by others in department and/or volunteering
time, knowledge and skills to assist others.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related
field or equivalent educ/experience
- 5 years Work related experience in the Information Technology
- 5 years Work related experience in the Diagnostic Imaging
- Current experience in installation of a PACS System at a major
- 3 years Supervisory experience
- Experience in the use of desktop software such as Word, Excel,
Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, and MS Access.
St. Mary Medical Center (SMMC) is an acute care hospital with
213 beds and over 1,750 employees making it one of the region's
largest employers serving communities of the High Desert. The
facility was constructed in 1956 and joined the St. Joseph Health
System in 1992.
This facility has the only Neonatal Care Unit in the High Desert
Accredited by California Children Services and has been granted
approval as a Special Hospital with the California Children's
Services Community Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. St. Mary was
accredited as a primary Stroke Receiving Center in 2018, the only
stroke-receiving center in the High Desert.
The Services and Clinical Specialties offered at this Hospital
are Diabetes Education, Emergency Services, Heart and Vascular
Services, Imaging Services, Rehabilitation Services, Respiratory
Services, Robotic Surgery Services, Surgical Services, Women &
Children's Services and Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine.
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Apple Valley , PACS Administrator, Other , Apple Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!