We are looking for a ED Technician for the Emergency Department
at St. Mary Medical Center.
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 72 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 12-hour, Days
Under minimal supervision, operates cardiac ultrasound equipment
to produce optimal echocardiograph images for diagnostic evaluation
of chamber measurements, blood flow characteristics, and cardiac
function for adult and geriatric patients.
- Supports the values and mission of St. Mary Medical Center and
practices the core values when interacting with those served by the
- Knows and complies with all relevant Medical Center and
departmental policies and procedures.
- Documents ultrasound findings on worksheet with clinical
history and video.
- Provides concise preliminary report and compares exam with
prior studies meeting cardiologist expectations.
- Adjusts settings and tailors exam to test all patient's sizes
including geriatric, adolescent, pediatric, and neonatal.
- Validates requisition and chart with patient ID prior to
- Assists with instructing new staff, proctors ultrasound
- Effectively utilizes MEDITECH system and related computer
- Works all shifts as assigned including weekends and night call
- Annual Evaluation:
- Completes annual "Department Specific Focused
- Demonstrates ongoing education and training to maintain job
skills and knowledge (see employee education record).
- Completes annual HealthStream and Employee Health
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Completion of a Cardiovascular ultrasound
Experience: Six (6) months experience in a hospital setting
working with adult and geriatric patients.
Licenses/Certifications: Current BLS Certification.
St. Mary Medical Center (SMMC) is an acute care hospital with
213 beds and over 1,750 employees making it one of the region's
largest employers serving communities of the High Desert. The
facility was constructed in 1956 and joined the St. Joseph Health
System in 1992.
This facility has the only Neonatal Care Unit in the High Desert
Accredited by California Children Services and has been granted
approval as a Special Hospital with the California Children's
Services Community Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. St. Mary was
accredited as a primary Stroke Receiving Center in 2018, the only
stroke-receiving center in the High Desert.
The Services and Clinical Specialties offered at this Hospital
are Diabetes Education, Emergency Services, Heart and Vascular
Services, Imaging Services, Rehabilitation Services, Respiratory
Services, Robotic Surgery Services, Surgical Services, Women &
Children's Services and Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine.