Patient Relations Coordinator - Patient and Family Experience
Company: Mission Hospital Mission Viejo
Location: Apple Valley
Posted on: November 12, 2021
We are looking for a Patient Relations Coordinatorfor the
Patient and Family Experience Departmentat St. Mary Medical Center.
Location:Apple Valley, CAWork Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly
HoursShift: 8-hour, Days Job Summary: The Patient Relations
Coordinator acts as a liaison between the patient/patient's family
and the hospital by facilitating patient requests, managing patient
complaints and grievances, and coordinating resolution of
significant and/or clinical patient grievances/complaints by
actively investigating each concern, including interviewing the
staff involved. Accurately evaluates, interprets and abstracts the
medical record documentation by the physician and other health care
team members of specific episodes of the patient's care to
determine outcome of care provided. Composes formal written
response to patient concerns based on outcomes of care. Develops
and maintains Patient Grievance and Complaint database providing
necessary reports as directed. Performs other assigned tasks as
directed. Works independently with minimal supervision. Essential
- Coordinates, investigates and resolves consumer grievances
concerning the quality of care and services by providing a formal
grievance mechanism for the organization.
- Facilitates inpatient, outpatient and drop in complaints and
grievances in an attempt to resolve within the established
timeframe and/or fulfill specific requests, which requires
communication and collaboration with multiple departments.
- Investigates reports of lost patient items (such as eyeglasses
and dentures) and coordinates with Risk Management on items of
- Coordinates response and action to be taken in regards to
comments received on patient satisfaction surveys.
- Initiates regular communication with managers regarding
feedback received from patients.
- Develops and maintains patient complaint and grievance log (one
log) database to document and ensure evidence of patient
complaints, grievances, interventions, and resolutions in
accordance with the Medicare Conditions of Participation.
- Develops formal written response to patients in regards to
complaint and grievance resolutions.
- Develops reports and provides patient grievance/concerns data
to Risk Management and the Grievance Committee as required.
- Attends clinical department staff meetings, as requested, to
present data related to patient concerns, etc.
- Identifies trends with regard to patient grievance or concerns
and reports to respective Directors, Vice Presidents or Committees
- Facilitates completion of special projects as assigned.
- Identifies and initiates process improvement opportunities to
increase patient satisfaction. Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in addition to
the ability to effectively Manage patient expectations.
- Have excellent admission.
- Ability to work independently and accomplish several projects
and activities at the same time, accurately.
- Medical terminology.
- Demonstrated proficiencies in Microsoft Office products,
including Access. Minimum Position Requirements: Education:
Associate's Degree Preferred Position Qualifications: Education:
Bachelor's Degree in Related Field Experience: 2 years related
experience in a healthcare environment. St. Mary Medical Center
(SMMC) is an acute care hospital with 213 beds and over 1,750
employees making it one of the region's largest employers serving
communities of the High Desert. The facility was constructed in
1956 and joined the St. Joseph Health System in 1992. This facility
has the only Neonatal Care Unit in the High Desert Accredited by
California Children Services and has been granted approval as a
Special Hospital with the California Children's Services Community
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. St. Mary was accredited as a primary
Stroke Receiving Center in 2018, the only stroke-receiving center
in the High Desert. The Services and Clinical Specialties offered
at this Hospital are Diabetes Education, Emergency Services, Heart
and Vascular Services, Imaging Services, Rehabilitation Services,
Respiratory Services, Robotic Surgery Services, Surgical Services,
Women & Children's Services and Wound Care and Hyperbaric
Keywords: Mission Hospital Mission Viejo, Apple Valley , Patient Relations Coordinator - Patient and Family Experience, Other , Apple Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!