Monitor Technician - North East Telemetry
Company: St. Joseph Health
Location: Apple Valley
Posted on: May 1, 2021
We are looking for a Monitor Technician - United Steelworkers
with the North East Telemetry Department at St. Mary Medical
Center. Location: Apple Valley, CA Work Schedule: Full time - 72
Biweekly hours Shift: 12 hour (variable) Days Job Summary: Performs
cardiac telemetry monitoring and arrhythmia detection through
continuous observation of the Central Monitoring system as a
primary job responsibility and performs department clerical duties
as a collateral responsibility. Essential Functions:
- Keeps education profile updated and accurate.
- Provides continuous and comprehensive monitoring during
monitored exercise; documents events on strips as indicated.
- Immediately recognizes reports and records arrhythmia or S.T.
changes to the Primary R.N. and/or Team Leader.
- Compiles, labels with name and heart rates, and secures in the
patient chart, rhythm strips at rest; posts each exercise modality
and posts cool down. Add arrhythmia strips as indicated.
- Assures readiness of telemetry units.
- Performs clerical functions within the monitor technician's
sphere of responsibility and assigned by the Supervisor or
- Assists patients and visitors in department as needed and
- Assists with ordering of department supplies and equipment;
receives and places items in proper storage area.
- Assists in compiling new charts, maintains current charts and
enters patient information on the charts under the direction of the
- Assists in orientation of new staff to monitor technician
duties of the department.
- Provides emergency care according to hospital and department
- Demonstrates knowledge of motor/sensory adaptation, cognitive,
physical, and psychosocial, age-specific needs of geriatric
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Minimum
Position Qualifications: Education:
- H.S. Diploma or GED or equivalent educ/experience
- Coursework/Training - Successful completion of Dysrhythmia
Recognition Course. License/Certification: Current BLS for
Healthcare Provider. Preferred Position Qualifications: Education:
Coursework/Training - Successful completion of Medical Terminology
Course. Experience: 6 months of Experience in a hospital
environment. St. Mary Medical Center (SMMC) is an acute care
hospital with 213 beds and over 1,750 employees making it one of
the region's largest employers serving communities of the High
Desert. The facility was constructed in 1956 and joined the St.
Joseph Health System in 1992. This facility has the only Neonatal
Care Unit in the High Desert Accredited by California Children
Services and has been granted approval as a Special Hospital with
the California Children's Services Community Neonatal Intensive
Care Unit. St. Mary was accredited as a primary Stroke Receiving
Center in 2018, the only stroke-receiving center in the High
Desert. The Services and Clinical Specialties offered at this
Hospital are Diabetes Education, Emergency Services, Heart and
Vascular Services, Imaging Services, Rehabilitation Services,
Respiratory Services, Robotic Surgery Services, Surgical Services,
Women & Children's Services and Wound Care and Hyperbaric
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Apple Valley , Monitor Technician - North East Telemetry, Professions , Apple Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!