Location: Apple Valley
Posted on: July 14, 2019
- Career Area Drivers & Transportation
- Job Function Driver
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1333378BR
WALMART TRANSPORTATION is Hiring CDL-A Drivers in the Apple Valley,
Walmart wants to help you find your place - a stress-free, flexible
work environment where drivers are treated with respect. A place
where a well-deserved break with family balances out the hours you
log on the road. Where highly competitive pay and smart benefits
fit your way of life. This is that place. This is Walmart. And we
have immediate openings for full-time drivers. If you're looking to
find a home on the road, join the Walmart Transportation team
What You'll Get
Our drivers enjoy a great balance between work and life, as well as
top pay. As a professional truck driver with Walmart, you can enjoy
the following benefits:
• Average $87,500 or the Equivalent of $0.89 per Mile in Year 1
• Activity, Training, and Mileage Pay from Day 1
• Quarterly Safe Driving Bonuses
• No Loading or Unloading Freight
• Home Once a Week as Well as Reset Hours Not Spent on the Road
• Medical Plan Benefits That Start on Day 1
• Additional Life Insurance, Dental, Vision and Pharmacy Benefits
• Option to Enroll in Our 401K Plan and Stock Purchase Program
• Opportunity to Earn Up to 21 Paid Days Off in Your First Year
The number one reason our drivers leave is retirement - our
turnover is one of the lowest in the industry! Don't miss out on
this great opportunity. Review our minimum qualifications and apply
• An Interstate (Class A) Commercial Driver's License with Hazmat
endorsement (including cleared background check) or will obtain
HAZMAT endorsement (with cleared background check) within 120
calendar days of date of hire.
• A minimum of 30 months experience working in a full-time Class A
tractor/trailer driving position in the previous 3 years.
• No more than two (2) moving violations while operating a personal
or commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
• No serious traffic violations while operating a commercial motor
vehicle in the last three (3) years.
• No DUI, DWI, OUI, or reckless driving involving alcohol/drugs
convictions within the last ten (10) years.
• No preventable accidents* while operating a commercial motor
vehicle in the last three (3) years.
• No preventable* DOT recordable accidents (collisions resulting in
disabling damage and/or immediate medical treatment away from the
scene) while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last ten
• No preventable accidents* resulting in a fatality or catastrophic
injury in driving history (commercial motor vehicle).
The above information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed
to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made
available as part of the hiring process.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This
mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from
responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between.
As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping
the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of
other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of
customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every
day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
Frequently asked questions
- On average, how long does it take to fill out an
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for
the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to
apply as our system saves some of your application information.
Please note that some positions require the completion of
assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those
would take additional time.
- Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please
make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit
- How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart
processes application information using an applicant tracking
system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to
authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high
security standards by Walmart.
- What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+
Keywords: Walmart, Apple Valley , Truck Driver, Professions , Apple Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!